Storefront Strategies: Getting the Right Permits

Hosting a pop-up shop is your chance to build a loyal following for your brand. Some wine and cheese may be the perfect complement to your elegant displays, or perhaps you’ll only be selling food and drink. As a renter on Storefront, we want to make sure you have the permits you need to run a logistically- and legally-sound event.

New call-to-action

The rules around serving alcohol vary by city. If it’s a private event and you have an attendee list, a license usually isn’t required. For public short-term retail events without an attendee list, temporary liquor licenses are required where alcoholic beverages will be served. Events that may require a temporary permit include catered events or temporary retail establishments set up at festivals or fairs.

Use these additional resources to help you prepare to serve alcohol at your event.

Food and Beverage
If your pop-up shop is centered around food or beverage items, you’ll need to complete the necessary permits to comply with city health and safety requirements. This is especially important if you plan to sell these items to the public or without a specified attendee list.

Read through these documents thoroughly to make sure your pop-up complies with local law, and see local government websites for more detailed information.

Using these permit resources should put you in the clear to serve alcohol and food at your event.

New call-to-action

Share this article: